In Round 1 2023/24, we are pleased to again progress our purpose which is to fund a thriving and resilient future for community broadcasting where it is at the heart of every community.
We received a combined total of 278 applications requesting $18,208,787. This included:
- 132 Development & Operations applications requesting $12,053,347 – 107 applications have been offered funding totalling $5,415,623 (includes six multi-year grants)
- 82 Content applications requesting $3,260,245 – 64 Content applications have been offered funding totalling $1,573,430 (includes two multi-year grants)
- 62 Specialist Radio Programming applications requesting $2,215,195 – 62 applications have been offered funding totalling $1,900,485 (includes ongoing ethnic programming totalling $948,192, First Nations programming totalling $909,407 and Radio Reading programming totalling $42,886)
- 2 Sector Investment grant applications requested $680,000. All have been offered funding totalling $680,000
- 68 volunteer grant assessors were involved in assessing grants for this round of funding.
Overall, we granted a total of $9,569,538 across 235 applications. This included eight multi-year grants.
Detail about individual grants is provided in our Grant Allocations spreadsheet (61KB, xls).