Our volunteer grant assessors sit at the heart of the CBF’s peer-to-peer grant review process. They come from all parts of the community media sector, reflecting the diversity of Australia’s many cultures, perspectives and beliefs.
Assessors independently review, score and provide advice on grant applications to our Grants Advisory Committees. Appointed by the CBF Board through a nomination process, grant assessors are called on twice annually to review incoming applications .
Who can apply to be an assessor?
We welcome applications from anyone with the following skills, knowledge and expertise:
- Specialist content production (news/current affairs, spoken word, specialist music and specialist Indigenous, RPH and ethnic)
- Station management
- Financial management
- Business development and fundraising
- Events, marketing and promotions
- Technology (broadcast and IT)
- Broadcast platforms (radio, television, online and cross-platform)
- A range of station experience (small/large, metropolitan/regional/remote, all states and territories
We also welcome applications from people with the following backgrounds:
- First Nations Australians
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex people
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People living in non-metropolitan areas
- People with a disability
- Young people
Nominations & appointments
Individuals are welcome to nominate themselves or stations/sector organisations can recommend candidates.
Successful appointments will be notified following endorsement by the CBF Board and will be invited to service a three-year term (and may serve up to three consecutive terms).
After grant rounds have closed, grant assessors are invited to review applications as part of Assessor Panels relevant to their skills and experience. These panels are simply a group of assessors who review a single application (each application is reviewed by at least five grant assessors). Your overall workload is determined by the number of applications you review.
Meet our Grant Assessor Team
We proudly publish the names of all our current Grant Assessors – who sit at the heart of our peer-to-peer review process – here published on our website.
Want to join the CBF Grant Assessor Team?
If you’re looking to give back to community broadcasting and gain insights into the grants process, join our Grant Assessor Team.
Apply online today and leave your mark on community broadcasting!