Are you looking to give back to community broadcasting or gain insight into the grants process?
Our team of volunteer grant assessors independently review, score and provide advice on grant applications to our Grants Advisory Committees. Appointed by the CBF Board through a nomination process, grant assessors are called on twice annually to review incoming applications .
The CBF welcomes volunteers from the following backgrounds and with the following skills and experience to apply:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- People with a disability
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex people
- Culturally and linguistically diverse
- Living in non-metropolitan areas
Skills and experience
- Specialist content production (news/current affairs, spoken word, specialist music and specialist Indigenous, RPH and ethnic)
- Station management
- Financial management
- Business development and fundraising
- Events, marketing and promotions
- Technology (broadcast and IT)
- Social inclusion
- Broadcast platforms (radio, television, online and cross-platform)
- A range of station experience (small/large, metropolitan/regional/remote, all states and territories
Nominations & appointments
Individuals are welcome to nominate themselves or stations/sector organisations can recommend candidates.
Successful appointments will be notified following endorsement by the CBF Board and will be invited to service a three-year term (and may serve up to three consecutive terms).
After grant rounds have closed, grant assessors are invited to review applications as part of Assessor Panels relevant to their skills and experience. These panels are simply a group of assessors who review a single application (each application is reviewed by at least five grant assessors). Your overall workload is determined by the number of applications you review.
Meet our Grant Assessor Team
We proudly publish the names of all our current Grant Assessors – who sit at the heart of our peer-to-peer review process – here published on our website.
Want to joint the CBF Grant Assessor Team?
Apply to join our Grant Assessor team today and leave your mark on community broadcasting!