A warm welcome to the newest members of our Grant Assessor Team!
- Matt Christie has presented a range of programs for 88.6 Plenty Valley FM, has been involved in running its sales and promotions, and was instrumental in bringing the first LGBTIQA+ show to the station .
- Gabriel D’Angelo has worked at 3ZZZ for over ten years producing promotions, podcasts and Outside Broadcasts as well as training new broadcasters. He has also worked on television projects for Channel 31.
- Vedran Drakulic is the CEO of the Gandel Foundation with extensive experience in governance, asset management, and administration.
- Stephen Hahn (who is returning as an assessor) was Station Administrator at 3RRR and then took the role of General Manager/Station Manager at JOY 94.9FM. He has also been the CBOnline project for the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) and was a media trainer for the Community Media Training Organisation (CMTO).
- Rob Leo has been involved with community broadcasting since 2014 and is the current Chairperson of WOW FM in Adelaide and former President of South Australian Community Broadcasting Association (SACBA).
- Gaven Livermore has been involved in 2AAA FM‘s general and emergency broadcasting, as well as the technical committee and the Board. He is also a licenced practitioner in electrical, IT, computer systems, wireless, tower rigging, equipment installation and maintenance.
- Stewart McMillan is a musician, producer, broadcaster and facilitator. Currently he is the promotions and podcast manager at 3MBS, presenter of Recent Releases, and technical producer of Reflections.
Once they’ve all completed their induction and training, our new assessors will be ready to review the next round of grant applications later this year.
We asked some of our new recruits what motivated them to get involved. Here’s what they said…
“I want to help others achieve their goals in making and producing content.” – Gabriel D’Angelo
“I’m looking forward to I contributing to the weaving of the cultural fabric of Australia, as well as seeing how communities are developing and connecting.” – Stephen Hahn
“I’m looking forward to bringing my expertise to the CBF and helping community radio stations, especially the smaller ones, succeed and prosper.’ – Gaven Livermore
Photo: (clockwise from top left) Gabriel D’Angelo, Matt Christie, Stephen Hahn, Vedran Drakulic, Stewart McMillan and Gaven Livermore.
Interested in joining our Grant Assessor Team?
If you’re looking for a way to give back to community broadcasting, then why not join our Grant Assessor Team.