We understand that sometimes unexpected things happen – emergencies occur, and opportunities arise that might not time well with our grant rounds. That’s why, in response to feedback, we’re revising our ‘Emergency grants’ to be ‘Quick Response grants.’ These grants will help community broadcasters access funding for eligible projects when our regular grant rounds are closed. What will a Quick Response grant cover?
- Replacing essential equipment and related expenses to restore basic transmission following an unforeseen event such as flood, bushfire, lightning or theft
- Replacing essential operational equipment and related expenses not able to be reasonably anticipated
- Unexpected changes at your studio or transmission site such as a sudden need to relocate
- A financial loan while an insurance claim is being processed and/or funds are raised
- Other costs associated with maintaining transmission and/or operations not able to be reasonably anticipated.
- A matched funding opportunity for a project
- Other costs associated with a time-limited opportunity
Grants will be considered outside of the normal grant rounds and you will receive advice about the outcome of your application within one week.
Before applying, check that your idea is eligible, you can meet the funding conditions and chat with a member of our friendly Grants Support Team at https://cbf.org.au/grants/grants-available/quick-response/.