Learning new skills in media-making and running a community media organisation can be a transformative experience for your volunteers, staff and Board. It can also breathe new life and ideas into your whole station!
With help from the CBF, your station could access experienced trainers to deliver training that meets your needs. From developing your broadcasters’ presentation and production skills to expanding your team’s governance, financial and leadership skills, we have specific funds available this round to help you build your station’s capacity through training.
How do you apply for business and leadership training?
You can apply for support for your organisation’s training needs through our Development & Operations grants.
To apply for support to develop business and leadership skills, you will need to determine and explain what your needs are, calculate the costs of accessing relevant training or skills development and demonstrate how it is important your organisation. Examples include:
- Applying for support for a key staff member or volunteer to undertake a training course in finance management software.
- Applying for support to develop a mentoring relationship between your Station Manager and an experienced manager at a like-minded station.
- Applying for support for governance training for your whole Board to participate in.
- Applying for support for a key staff member or volunteer to undertake a training course Business, Leadership or Governance.
How do you apply for accredited or pathways training?
To apply for funding to support Accredited or Pathways training, your organisation is required to demonstrate a partnership with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
- Accredited training is nationally recognised training delivered by an RTO.
- Pathways training is unaccredited training that is based on accredited training resources and provided by recognised trainers. The aim is to both develop skills and to encourage trainees to engage with accredited training in future.
In order to access the specific training funds we have available to support Accredited or Pathways training you will need to:
- Partner with an RTO to deliver the training – community media sector-based RTOs include the Community Media Training Organisation, Triple A Training, Goolarri Media, Diversitat, Batchelor Institute and YWAM. You can also search for other RTOs on the database of the training.gov.au website.
- Work with the RTO to determine your needs and establish how much the training will cost – this will help you to complete the budget in your application form.
- Demonstrate the partnership that you have in place with the RTO by uploading a copy of the agreement and quote from your selected RTO below.
Contact, Georgie, Dean or Liz from our Grants Support Team for help as you apply.