Your Grant Applications help us understand what your organisation needs and how we can best support you. So preparing a clear, well considered application that outlines who you are, what you want to do and how you will manage your project is important.
Our Top 10 Tips will give you the best chance of success.
1. Start early – give yourself lots of time to gather the information needed for a strong application.
2. Read the grant guidelines and follow the instructions, hints, tips and prompts throughout the application form. Don’t miss something that our Grant Assessors will need to know. ALso view our Frequently Asked Questions for lots of useful information that will help you prepare.
3. Chat with our Grants Support Team before you start your application and ask for advice about your ideas and how to apply to make them a reality. Early preparation allows you to seek detailed feedback from our Grants Support Team– they are experts and are here to help you!
4. Engage the people you need to contribute as you prepare your application, such as a technician’s report and quotes from suppliers. Give them and yourself plenty of time to gather what you need.
5. Collaborate with other stations, local organisations, council and businesses. Letters of support from partners should explain how they participate in and benefit from your activities.
6. Budgeting should add up to give our Grant Assessors confidence that you can manage the grant they may allocate.
7. Detail any other contributions – providing a financial contribution towards a project will show our Grant Assessors that the project is so important to you that you’ll put as much as you can towards it before asking us. And always include in-kind contributions, e.g. use of your own equipment, volunteer time, etc.
8. Review your application to double check that all questions are answered and all attachments included.
9. Get feedback – ask someone else to review your application to make sure it makes sense to others before you submit.
10. Submit early to allow for any unforeseen circumstances. Late applications will rarely be accepted unless you can make a case for exceptional circumstances.
Need help with your application?
Our Grant Support Team are here to help so please reach out to chat. Our Frequently Asked Questions also have lots of useful information that may help you prepare your application. You may also find inspiration from other organisations who have successfully received grants to fund their projects.
Find out more about our grants available and when our next applications are open.