Based on real women’s stories (with a little creative licence), Dee-Brief is a touching and hilarious dramedy web series that explores discovering yourself after a long-term break up. After Dee breaks up with her on-and-off again long-term boyfriend, she moves in with her best friend Kate. Complete opposites, the two girls navigate through their late twenties and try to deal with ‘adult’ life in their own unapologetic way.
But most of all, Dee-Brief is a love letter to the friendships which form so much of who we are.
“You’re going to find yourself, but not in India…maybe at Coles!”
Dee-Brief is a completely improvised series by Creator/Producer Jessica Pearce, Writer/Director Sarah Hickey and Actor/Improvisors Alexandra Hines and Chloe Martin. With a female-driven team, Dee-Brief tells a universal story through a never-before-seen lens.
Dee-Brief has been nominated, won and selected for many awards and festivals including:
- Australian Cinematographers Society – Silver Award – Josh Mitchell-Frey
- Seoul WebFest 2019 – Official Selection
- New Jersey Web Fest 2019 – Official Selection
- Sicily WebFest 2019 – Official Selection
- Melbourne WebFest 2019 – Best Australian Drama Nomination
- That Film Festival – London Showcase!
- Antenna Awards 2019 Nominations
- Program of the Year
- Best Narrative and or Fictional Program
- Outstanding Direction in a Program – Sarah Hickey
- Outstanding Editing in a Program – Ryan Bird
- Outstanding Camera Work in a Program – Josh Mitchell-Frey
We proudly support projects that are committed to gender inclusion and equity. Donate today to help us support other passionate young filmmakers and bring more women’s voices to our screens. Learn more about how your support will strengthen independent Australian community media