We’re helping Technorama to diversify attendees of TR19, community broadcasting’s leading technology conference hosted by Technorama. Traditionally, people involved in supporting community radio station technology are older and male. The Technorama Represent! Bursary encourages young, female and gender diverse people to get involved. It’s all about expanding knowledge and supporting station resilience.
A successful applicant must meet most or all of the following criteria:
- Aged 18-26 (any gender) or be over 18 and be a woman or gender non-conforming person
- Volunteer or employed at a licensed community broadcasting station in Australia
- Member of Technorama Incorporated (you can join up when you apply)
- Able to demonstrate that you are on, or intend to be on, a technology track at your station. For Represent! , technology might include (but is not limited to):
- RF, studio or IT development, maintenance and/or support
- Outside broadcast technology support
- Direct technology support including training, documentation, or coordination
- Provision of web services
- Audio engineering or recording
- Have some personal level of technical skill and interest
- Be able to attend the majority of TR19 from 3-5 May, 2019
- Be willing to make up a shortfall in funding if the full amount of travel can’t be covered with available funds
- Commit to providing a post-event deliverable (e.g. a report, web article, contribution to a Technorama event, a completed technology project, active participation in a Technorama forum, etc)
Learn more – applications close Friday 22 March 2019.
Image featuring attendees of TR18 courtesy of Technorama.