The F-Word – Girls to the Front
26 August 2018
Women are under-represented in the film and screen industry*. Community media is working tirelessly to increase representation of women, providing opportunities to express their creativity and apply their expertise.
This 13-part community television series featuring panel discussions, comedy skits, book reviews and vox pops focused on feminism.
The F-Word features high-profile guests discussing their views on feminism including:
- Karen Pickering, Cherchez La Femme and the Girls on Film Festivals
- Larissa Waters, Australian Greens Senator
- Dr Karina Quinn, La Trobe University academic
- Tracey Spicer and Van Badham, Journalists
- Celeste Liddle and Tasneem Chopra, social commentators
- Dana Alexander, Comedian
The F-Word was produced by an almost exclusively female cast and crew, including local feminists Naomi Chainey, Riyana Kasmawan, Jax-Jacki Brown, Josephine Rosier-Maguire, Kirsty Mac, Anne Standen, Romany Latham, Tahlia Celenn, Ashley Waite and Amorette Garner-Williams. The production was supported by C31 Melbourne and Geelong.
*Boxed In 2016-17: Women On Screen and Behind the Scenes in Television. Center for the Study of Women in Television & Film, San Diego State University.