We want to thank everyone for their patience in waiting to hear about the results of our recent grant rounds, especially given the many challenges community broadcasters have faced over the last few months.
As part of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we delayed the assessment of our usual first grant round for the year and created two additional grants to provide targeted COVID-19 related support to stations.
Requests for these grants, which included the first 2020/21 Content and Development & Operations grants, the COVID-19 Crisis Grant and COVID-19 Quick Response Grant, have far surpassed the available funding. This has particularly highlighted the sobering fact that community broadcasting organisations need significant support now to continue maintaining and improving their services throughout the pandemic.
Overall we received a combined total of 649 applications requesting $20.6 million for the Round 1 2020/21 grants, the COVID-19 Crisis Grant and COVID-19 Quick Response Grant.. This is broken down in the following way:
- 146 Development & Operations applications requested $9.2 million. 88 applications have been offered funding totalling $3.9 million
- 96 Content applications requested $3.1 million. 42 applications have been offered funding totalling $868K
- 67 Specialist Radio Programming applications requested $1.9 million. 67 have been offered funding totalling $1.6 million
- 2 Sector grant applications requested $645K. Both have been offered funding totalling $645K
- 227 COVID-19 Crisis grant applications requested $5.5 million. 223 applications have been offered funding totalling $2.3 million
- 111 COVID-19 quick response grant applications requested $189K. 106 applications have been offered funding totalling $167K (announced in mid-May)
We have granted a total of $9.6 million for 537 applications. We also offered 5 applicants multi-year funding.
View the list of organisations receiving funding in the 2020/21 Content and Development & Operations grant round and the COVID-19 Crisis Grants.
Read about some of the key projects we are funding.
Photo: PAW Media have been funded to create a podcast about the Tanami Football league competition held at Yuendumu each year.