Our Board is responsible for overall governance of the CBF, providing direction on organisational objectives, policy and practice. Board members dedicate their time and wealth of experience to enhance community media and the work of our organisation.
Our committees provide independent advice on how grants should be distributed, and the formulation of funding policy and objectives. All funding recommendations from our committees are considered and approved by the Board.
Participation on our Board and committees is on a voluntary basis, however the CBF meets all travel and accommodation costs where required. All volunteers require online access, and some support may be available to assist with this in some instances.
This opportunity only happens once every 18 months. So, if you’re passionate about community broadcasting and want to contribute your knowledge, skills and expertise to support a thriving sector, consider nominating for a position now.
What can I nominate for?
Board of Directors
Positions are available for both Sector Nominated and Independent Directors. Four positions are available (two sector nominated Directors and two Independent Directors).
CBF Advisory Committees
- Content Grants Advisory Committee (CGAC): Committee members review feedback from our grant assessors, make funding recommendations on Content Grants, and contribute to the formulation of funding policy. Four positions are available.
- Development & Operations Grants Advisory Committee (DOGAC): Committee members review feedback from our grant assessors, make funding recommendations on Development & Operations Grants, and contribute to the formulation of funding policy. Three positions are available.
- Sector Investment Advisory Committee (SIAC): Committee members provide feedback on policy and the distribution of sector investment funds. Three positions are available.
Who can nominate?
Board of Directors
- Sector Nominated Directors must be nominated by a community broadcasting station or sector organisation. A letter from the nominating organisation must be included in the application.
- Independent Directors nominate themselves.
Nominations can come from community broadcasting stations, sector organisations or directly from anyone who is interested in joining one of our committees.
How long are the terms?
All positions available are for three-years from 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2024.
You can be appointed to the Board or each of our advisory committees for up to three consecutive terms.
How do I apply?
If you have any questions or would like more information about the role please contact:
(03) 8341 5900
Applications close at midnight 13 October 2020 (AEDT).