We love hearing updates from the people and organisations receiving our grants. It helps us celebrate the many stories we help bring to life.
As mentioned in our Grant Agreement, all grantees must report back so we can understand how grant funds are spent and how they enhance the work of community media in Australia. The CBF is responsible for distributing funds from the Australian Government, funding organisations and donors. Our organisation prides itself on transparency, and as such, we accurately record how funds are used.
In the grant report, grantees need to formally demonstrate that funds have been spent as set out in the Grant Agreement and describe what the funds achieved. Your grant report helps us:
- Demonstrate the value of the grants
- Encourage other organisations to consider similar projects and funding opportunities
- Accumulate case studies to support requests for more funding
- Monitor and evaluate our grants.
To complete your report online, visit SmartyGrants.
The due date of our grant report is included in your Grant Agreement or on the correspondence we forward with your grant payment remittance advice. Please notify the CBF in writing before the due date if you need an extension. If you are also providing an Auditor’s Financial Certificate, it must be completed within five months of the end of your financial year.
We love seeing how our grants enhance community broadcasting. When you report back to us, photos are an easy and effective way of showing how the money we give you is making a difference. Remember – ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’!
What we need
We enjoy sharing the success of your station on our social pages, website and sometimes even our Annual Report. Here are tips to ensure your photos are suitable.
- If using a mobile phone, ensure the resolution is set to the highest setting.
- Resolution minimum 1MB, maximum 20MB.
- Feature people where possible. Even if it’s a piece of broadcast equipment – including the face of a happy broadcaster brings a photo to life!
- Please don’t submit fuzzy images.
- Include the names of anyone featured in the file name e.g. John Smith, XXX FM.
Simple tips to enhance you photos
We understand capturing that perfect photo can be tricky. Learn more about taking great photos with some simple tips below.