Quick Response grants are available to support community media organisations experiencing emergencies that risk discontinued transmission or operations, or who have been provided with a time-limited opportunity. To apply for this grant, you will need to provide evidence that this situation could not have been reasonably anticipated prior to the most recent CBF grant round, cannot wait until the next round and cannot be covered by your organisation’s reserves. This could include:
- Replacing essential equipment and related expenses to restore basic transmission following an unforeseen event such as flood, bushfire, lightning or theft
- Replacing essential operational equipment and related expenses not able to be reasonably anticipated
- Unexpected changes at your studio or transmission site such as a sudden need to relocate
- A financial loan while an insurance claim is being processed and/or funds are raised
- Other costs associated with maintaining transmission and/or operations not able to be reasonably anticipated.
- A matched funding opportunity for a project
- Other costs associated with a time-limited opportunity
Grants will be considered outside the normal grant rounds – you will normally receive advice about the outcome of your application within one week.