Are you interested in supporting the decision-making process of the CBF? Why not join our Sector Investment, Content or Development & Operations grants advisory committees. Our volunteer committee members objectively assess large numbers of online applications and make recommendations about funding distribution to the CBF Board. In addition to their creative and innovative thinking, committee members bring a unique set of skills and experience.
What we’re looking for
- Prior experience in writing or assessing grants
- Broad knowledge of community media including experience at community stations or programs
- Specialist knowledge, e.g. technical, programming etc.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills and creative thinking
- Ability to make tough but fair decisions and apply innovative thinking
- Good liaison & negotiation skills
- Commitment to fair, ethical and transparent process
Who we’re looking for
Joining a CBF committee is incredibly rewarding – here are a few things to consider if the role is for you!
- Do you have sufficient time to read meeting papers, assess applications, travel* and attend meetings three times per year? Committee members are asked to make every effort to attend all meetings.
- Will you be able to make every effort to attend all meetings?
- Will you have time to assess grant applications or tenders assigned to you?
- Do you have regular online access and time to communicate promptly via email or the CBF project management tool?
- Are you willing to be an advocate for your committee, both within the CBF and in the community?
Find out more about the roles and responsibilities of our committee members.
Nominations are currently open and will close on 17 March 2022 at 5pm (AEDT). Find out more >
To stay informed of future opportunities to join a CBF committee, please subscribe to the CBF News.
*Participation is on a voluntary basis, however, the CBF meets all travel and accommodation costs. Meetings may be via video conference occasionally but are usually in-person.