Flunk is a short-form scripted teen drama web series set in Lilydale, an outer suburb of Melbourne, Victoria. It follows shy sixteen year old Ingrid played by Jessica Li as she starts to explore her sexuality.
The series deals with a range of issues affecting LGBTQI+ young people including sexuality, identity, drug and alcohol use and homelessness.
Shot in a gritty, handheld style with improvised dialogue, Flunk has attracted a passionate international fan base, with millions of views in Australia and overseas, spurring merchandise sales and fan art.
We’re proud to have supported this program as it:
- involves women, young people, LGBTIQ+ people, culturally and linguistically diverse people in key cast and crew roles
- accurately reflects the chaotic environment teenagers face every day in our society
- effectively uses storytelling and platforms to best reach their target audience.
Where can I see Flunk?
- Season 1 is now showing on C31 Melbourne and Geelong.
- Season 2 will be screening weekly from 20 April 2020 (watch the trailer below).
If you’ve missed the start of the series, you can catch up online at the Flunk website.
Flunk was supported through our Content grant program.
Image credit: Kelise Adelaide, Lin Yin and Felix the cat filming at the RSPCA in Burwood