Win $500 for your favourite community media organisation competition
Your entry into Win $500 for your favourite community media organisation competition (the Competition) is deemed acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. Information on how to enter the Competition and the Prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Who Can Enter
- The Competition is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
- Representatives of the Community Broadcasting Foundation (the Promoter) Board of Directors, members of Community Broadcasting Foundation Advisory Committees and Grant Assessor Team, employees and immediate families of the Community Broadcasting Foundation and associated agencies are not eligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family includes: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step-child (including by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The winning organisation must be a recognised community media organisation based in Australia as per the Promoter’s definition: https://cbf.org.au/grants/faqs/#Howdowedefinewhoisarecognisedcommunitymediaorganisation?
- By entering the Competition, you warrant that you meet the entry requirements and accept all conditions detailed in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible to enter the Competition, who has breached any of these Terms and Conditions or who has engaged in unlawful or improper misconduct compromising the fair and just running of the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry or individual entering the Competition at any time.
How to Enter
- The Competition commences on 15 November 2019 at 09:00AM AEDT and closes on 13 December 2019 at 17:00PM AEDT (the Competition Period).
- Entries must be received within the Competition Period.
- To enter the Competition, eligible individuals must:
i) Visit https://www.cbf.org.au/subscribe-comp/
ii) Enter their name, email address, their chosen community media organisation and answer the question ‘How would $500 help your favourite community media organisation?’ in 50 words or less via the form provided.
- Only one entry is permitted per person.
- Multiple entries are permitted per community media organisation, subject to each entry being submitted separately from a unique email address and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- A maximum of ten (10) entries per community media organisation is permitted in total.
- Entry to the Competition is free of charge.
- Late, incomplete, indecipherable, discriminatory or otherwise offensive entries will be deemed invalid and may be disqualified.
- The Prize (the Prize) comprises of:
– $500 AUD (excluding GST) for your favourite community media organisation.
- The Prize is not considered grant funding therefore no formal grant reporting requirements will apply.
- The Prize will be transferred via EFT to the community media organisation nominated in the winning entry.
- The total Prize pool is valued at $500 AUD. The Prize, or any portion of the Prize, is not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash, unless otherwise stated or agreed by the Promoter. No compensation will be offered if the winner is unable to accept the Prize as stated.
- Additional costs and any other ancillary costs resulting from acceptance of the Prize that are not stated as inclusions are not included as part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
- The Prize is subject to availability at the time of The Prize Draw. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value in accordance with licensing and state regulations.
- The Prize must be redeemed in full by the community media organisation before 30 June 2020.
The Prize Draw and Judging Process
- The Prize draw will take place at Level 7, 369 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052 on 17 December 2019 at 11:00 AM AEDT (the Draw Date).
- The Promoter will review all eligible entries and select one (1) winning entry (the Winning Entry). Determination of the Winning Entry shall be made by the Promoter at its sole discretion, and such determination shall be final and binding.
- The Winning Entry will be deemed the community media organisation where the Prize has the potential to produce the greatest benefit as judged by a panel chosen by the Community Broadcasting Foundation.
- Although the idea presented in the winning entry will be shared with the respective winning community media organisation, it is up to the discretion of this organisation as to how these funds are spent.
- The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries submitted per community media organisation.
- The owner of the Winning Entry will be notified via email within 48 hours of the Draw Date. Upon acceptance of the Prize, the Winning Entry and the respective community media organisation may be published on the Promoter’s website at https://www.cbf.org.au and may be published on the Promoter’s social media profiles.
- The Prize must be claimed by the community media organisation nominated in the Winning Entry within twenty-one (21) days of being notified.
- If the community media organisation nominated in the Winning Entry does not claim their Prize within twenty-one (21) days of the Draw Date, the Prize will be forfeited and a redraw will be conducted at Level 7, 369 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052 on 8 January 2020 at 11:00 AM AEDT to determine a valid winner. The new Winning Entry will be notified within two (2) days of the date of the redraw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Please note that third parties may also have terms and conditions that apply to the Prize. The nominated community media organisation must review and agree to any terms and conditions provided by the third parties in order to redeem or participate in the Prize.
Liability and Release
- Your entry into the Competition, confirms that you own all necessary rights to provide the intellectual property constituting your entry.
- As a condition of entering the Competition, you hereby grant the Promoter irrevocable, royalty-free rights to reproduce, modify and republish any material created as a result of entry into the Competition, including but not limited to your competition entry, photographs, sound recordings and video recordings and acknowledge you will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Instagram and entrants fully release Facebook and/or Instagram from any liability.
- The community media organisation nominated in the Winning Entry may be required to enter into a deed of release in the form prescribed by the Promoter. The nominated community media organisation acknowledges and agrees that a failure to enter into this deed may result in the Prize being forfeited.
- Any personal information submitted to the Promoters will be held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
- Personal information collected during the Competition Period may be used for direct marketing purposes.
The Promoter is Community Broadcasting Foundation (ABN 49 008 590 403) of Level 7, 369 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052. You can contact the Promoter by phone on 03 8341 5900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.