The talent, passion and commitment of community broadcasters around Australia has been recognised in recent local and international awards.
Congratulations to everyone honoured in the 2021 Antenna Awards and the Bilby Awards which recognise outstanding contributions to community television and radio. Both these awards are supported through our Development & Operations grants.
Antenna Awards 2021
We’re particularly proud to have supported the following people and projects through our Content grants.
Best Culturally and/or Linguistically Diverse Program Award
A national weekly television program features football news, reviews and previews is remixed for a radio in seven language and also available as a podcast. (NEMBC)
Outstanding Creative Achievement in a Program
30-minute documentary looks at the historic importance of the Festival and how it began. (C44)
Outstanding Direction in a Program
Web series investigates how we can shift our conversations from an us/them or he /she perspective to an inclusive approach where getting the best fit for a role is what counts, not your gender. (C44)
Best Performance in a non-factual program
Flunk – Kelsie Adelaide
LGBTIQ+ teen drama series that explores sexuality, substance abuse and identity. (C31 Melbourne and Geelong)
Outstanding Contribution to Community by a Program
Nine-part documentary series showcases the different community radio stations within South Australia and is based on the show produced by C31 Melbourne and Geelong. (C44)
Outstanding Camera Work in a Program
Just 4Me Bake Club – Rebecca Dunker
Caroline Rowe’s online cooking school for those who love to bake just for themselves. (C44)
We’ve also proudly supported the following stations and broadcasters based in South Australia in recent years.
- Community Engagement Award – 30 Hour Marathon for Men’s Mental Health
- Volunteer of the Year Award – Graham Johnston
- Small Station of the Year – Triple Y, Whyalla
- Local Music Award – Local & Loud
- Youth Contribution Award – Sam Andersen
- Station ID, promo, program promo Award – 49th Birthday Party
- Sports Broadcast Award – The Huddle
- Interview Award – Kimberley Franklin
- Outside Broadcast Award – Live from the Steam Ranger Cockle Train
- Sponsorship announcement Award – Bedford
- Can’t Get Out Of The Car Award – Quiz Your Pants
- Best Radio Program Award – Dave’s Video Graveyard, Dave McLennan
In early September, Christian community broadcasters were also recognised for their outstanding contributions at the Christian Media & Arts Australia’s Excellence Media Awards.
Won an award? Let us know!
If your work in community media has won an award or you’ve been recognised in other ways, let us know. We love to celebrate and amplify your success!
Photo: The Multicultural AFL Football TV Panel Show panel in the studio in 2018.