The talent, passion and diversity of Australian community broadcasters has been celebrated in recent awards.
Congratulations to everyone recognised for their outstanding contribution to community media in this year’s Bilby Awards, Christian, Media & Arts Australia Excellence Awards and the CBAA’s 2022 Community Radio Awards finalists.
The following award winners and finalists were supported through CBF grants.
Bilby Awards winners
- Radio Adelaide – The Indian Wave (runner up, Multicultural Programming Award)
- Radio Adelaide – Yarnin’ Country (winner, First Nations Programming Award)
- PBA FM – Feel Good Nunga Radio (runner up, First Nations Programming Award)
The Bilby Awards were held in Adelaide on 3 September 2022.
CBAA Community Radio Awards finalists
- Bayfm 99.9 – Cyberbeat (Best new radio program)
- Coastfm963 Community Radio – ROAR! Youth Disability Radio ( (Best new radio program)
- RTRFM 92.1 – Herstory (Best Online Content)
- SYN Media – Twinemies (Best Online Content, Excellence in Creative Audio)
- FBi Radio – All The Best (Excellence in Creative Audio)
- MAINfm – Saltgrass (Outstanding Volunteer Contribution)
- 4EB – Women of the World Festival – Regional Broadcasts (Best Special Event Broadcast)
- 4EB – updated website (Excellence in Digital Media)
- 4EB – TunogLokal Radio AU – Filipino Mabuhay (Excellence in Music Presenting)
- 2SER and 4EB – The Wire – Independent current affairs on radio across Australia (Excellence in News & Current Affairs Programming)
- Phoenix FM 106.7 – Koori Shoutout (Excellence in Indigenous Broadcasting)
- 8CCC Community Radio 102.1fm – Remote Monitoring and Management of Networked Broadcast Infrastructure (Excellence in Technical Innovation)
- City Park Radio (Outstanding Small Station)
- Triple R – 3RRR 102.7FM – OFF THE RECORD (Best Radio Program – Music)
Winners will be announced at the CBAA Conference on 27-29 October, along with the recipients of the Michael Law and Tony Staley Awards (supported by the CBF).
Won an award? Let us know!
If your work in community media has won an award or you’ve been recognised in other ways, let us know. We love to celebrate and amplify your success!
Photo: CBF President, Ian Hamm (far right), presenting the Legacy Award to the Daniel Family at the recent Christian Media & Arts Australia Awards.