We are delighted to announce the Community Media Training Organisation (CMTO) has been awarded funding for our sector-wide training project to enhance management and small business skills knowledge. These additional funds are available thanks to the Australian Government’s Media Reform Package.
Over the next four years, the CMTO will deliver a range of activities to enhance business, leadership, management and social enterprise skills for people volunteering or working in community media.
Training opportunities will include:
- The delivery of 14 short courses in business management, from the Creative Arts and Culture Training Package including making a presentation, compliance requirements, managing budgets & financial plans, recruitment & induction, leadership, business planning, managing volunteers and working effectively in the creative arts industry.
- A sector-wide leadership conference focused on leadership, governance and social entrepreneurship.
- A three-year mentorship program for station managers and supervisors to develop their stations as successful social enterprises.
- Targeted leadership programs to engage youth, women, non-binary and Indigenous people.
- Professional development sessions for trainers in the sector, to increase the number of trainers with business, leadership and management skills in community media.
We look forward to sharing updates as these training programs are launched!