Each year, the talent and diversity of community broadcasters around Australia is recognised in the CBAA’s Community Radio Awards.
We congratulate everyone who was honoured for their excellence in community broadcasting in this year’s awards. Many were supported by CBF grants or have contributed to our work as volunteers, including Wayne Bynder who won the Station Leadership Award.
Each year, we also proudly sponsor the Tony Staley Award which recognises an organisation or initiative that actively promotes the values of community broadcasting in the areas of democracy, diversity, access and independence. This year Highland FM were acknowledged for their outstanding contribution to their community in what has been an extraordinarily challenging year.
The following list of winners we supported with our grants clearly highlights the talent and passion of so many committed community broadcasters around the country.
- Station Leadership Award: Wayne Bynder – Wangki Yupurnanupurru Radio
- Excellence in Digital Media: SYN Podcast Incubator – SYN Media
- Excellence in Creative Audio: FBi Radio – All the Best
- Excellence in Community Engagement: Harvey Community Radio
- Excellence in Ethnic and Multicultural Engagement: City Park Radio
- Excellence in Technical Innovation: 3KND – First Australians Media Enterprises
- Excellence in Training: Radio 4EB
- Excellence in News & Current Affairs Programming: Studio 1 on Vision Australia Radio
- Best Station Fundraising Campaign: Small Station: MAINfm – Here Comes The Sun, MAINfm Radiothon
- Outstanding Small Station: MAINfm – Castlemaine, Victoria
You can read the full list of the 2020 award recipients on the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia’s website.