If you’re passionate about community broadcasting and want to contribute your knowledge, skills and expertise to support a thriving sector, consider nominating for a position now.
Our Board is responsible for overall governance of the CBF, providing direction on organisational objectives, policy and practice. Board members dedicate their time and wealth of experience to enhance community media and the work of our organisation.
Our committees provide independent advice on how grants should be distributed, and the formulation of funding policy and objectives. All funding recommendations from our committees are considered and approved by the Board.
Participation on our Board and committees is on a voluntary basis, however the CBF meets all travel and accommodation costs where required. All volunteers require online access, and some support may be available to assist with this in some instances.
What can I nominate for?
Board of Directors
Directors are responsible for the overall governance of the CBF, providing direction on grants best practice, governance and organisational strategic direction.
- Sector Nominated positions: two positions available.
- Independent Directors: one position available.
CBF Advisory Committees
- Content Grants Advisory Committee (CGAC): Committee members review feedback from our grant assessors, make funding recommendations on Content Grants, and contribute to the formulation of funding policy. Three positions available.
- Development & Operations Grants Advisory Committee (DOGAC): Committee members review feedback from our grant assessors, make funding recommendations on Development & Operations Grants, and contribute to the formulation of funding policy. Four positions available.
- Sector Investment Advisory Committee (SIAC): Committee members provide feedback on policy and the distribution of sector investment funds. Three positions available.
Who can nominate?
Board members and Staff (excluding casual and short-term positions) from the following national peak sector organisations are not eligible to apply to CBF Board and Grants Advisory Committee positions: the CBAA, CMTO, CMAA, FNMA, NEMBC, RPH Australia and ACTA.
Board of Directors
- Sector Nominated Directors must be nominated by a community broadcasting station or sector organisation. A letter from the nominating organisation must be included in the application.
- Independent Directors nominate themselves.
Nominations can come from community broadcasting stations, sector organisations or directly from anyone who is interested in joining one of our committees.
How long are the terms?
All positions available are for three-years from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2025.
You can be appointed to the Board or each of our advisory committees for up to three consecutive terms.
How do I apply?
You need to apply online. Nominations are open now until Thursday March 17 at 5pm (AEDT).